August 12

The Power of the Positivity Jar

What a wonderful start to school we have had this week! The power of positivity and relationships are so strong at Winterboro! I would like to take an opportunity to introduce you to the Positive Thoughts jar. It is a simple, white, ceramic jar that sits on the corner of my desk. Often times many students and teachers come to pull a positive quote from the jar. This jar is special as it gives a positive jolt just when and how you need it the most. My dear friend and colleague, Marianne Garrett, gave this to me as a present and I cherish it daily and use it as a tool to bless others.

On Friday, she came to my office with two sweet friends to pull the jar. Basically, without looking, you pull a card from the jar and read it aloud. Never has anyone pulled a positive quote that doesn’t directly pertain to previous conversations or struggles. These sweet students were amazed by their quotes and asked if they could come to pull positive quotes when they needed one. Easy answer….YES!

The impact and power of positivity in a school culture is immeasurable. I am looking forward to an #exceptional school year!

Posted August 12, 2018 by Emily Harris in category School Culture